Killeagh Gaa Complex is holding a Cardiac Screening day for all people of any age in the community on Saturday May 9th from 9.30am - 4.45pm. Screening is available to any person in the community and surrounding area who wishes to participate. Each screening will take 20-25 minutes.
Bookings can be made online using the www.heartaid.ie website or over the phone on 1890 300 333 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Book Early to avoid disappointment.
Click on ‘book a Cardiac Sports Screening’ The clinic code is: killeagh
People can use Credit or Debit cards to book an appointment. Anyone with LAYA is FREE but must make a booking also. Everyone else must pay the €65 fee which is tax deductible. Anyone with other health insurance may be able to claim a % back dependent on their policy. Please consult with your own insurer to check if applicable.
We hope all players, members & people from the local community will avail of the screening. There is never a better time than NOW to start a health initiative and get yourself checked out.
Why undergo a Cardiac Screening?
• Up to 100 young people die each year in Ireland from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS)
• 1 in 300 people may have a cardiac abnormality
• The national register recently reported that the incidents of SADS are higher in Ireland than many other European countries.
• In Italy cardiac screening is mandatory for anyone aged 12 to 35 years involved in competitive sport for the past 25 years. They have reduced the incidents of SADS by 89%.
• The GAA’s Medical Scientific and Welfare Committee and the International Rugby Board recommend cardiac screening for all players over the age of 14 years
• The European Society of Cardiology & the International Olympic Committee recommends cardiac screening.
• Heartaid’s service is based on the recommendations of the above named organisations.
Should anyone have further queries relating to the Cardiac Screen day please contact 'Heartaid' via any of the contact details above or Padraig McGrath on 087-8575678
Club News >